To shop in GBP for deliveries outside the US and Canada, please visit our main website from the link at the top of the page.
Firecrest 100mm Holder Kit
Firecrest 100mm Holder Kit
The Firecrest 100mm Holder Kit is comprised of the following:
- Firecrest 100mm holder with polariser control wheel
- Rotating 82mm Adaptor Ring
- 82mm Firecrest Ultra-slim (non-rotating) Circular Polariser
- Two part anti-reflective soft-touch outer case
- 1 x Set of Solid End caps
- 1 x Set Vented End caps for use with graduated filters
- 67-82mm Step-up ring
- 72-82mm Step-up ring
- 77-82mm Step-up ring
- Luxury pouch
- Allen key
- See below for lens compatibility updates and Troubleshooting
Firecrest 100mm Filter Holder
Formatt Hitech already has the most extensive range of rectangular filters and holder systems, which accommodate filter sizes from as small as 67x67mm up to the super wide angle 165x200mm graduated filters.
For some time we have been researching what our customers really want and need in a holder system and have taken soundings form the many professional partners and featured artists whom we work with worldwide. We have been looking to develop a holder system which not only complements our existing modular range, but is also worthy of our prestigious FIRECREST brand.
- Revolutionary new top and bottom covers to almost completely eliminate light leakage when shooting long exposure, with interchangeable end caps for use with 100x100 filters or 100x125/150mm graduated filters.
- Built in low-profile gasket.
- Adaptors / step rings come with the system as standard for all sizes from 67-82mm, and step rings for smaller lenses can be purchased separately (for lens threads 46mm, 52, 58 & 62mm)
- Integrated top of the range Firecrest 82mm multicoated polariser comes as standard within the system. A unique geared mechanism allows for easy rotation whilst installed. The polariser can also be removed within its ring/adaptor for use as a screw in
- 2 fixed filter slots which take 100mm filters
- Extremely high quality lightweight aluminium design with extra oxidisation to reduce likelihood of scratching
The holder is designed for use with standard lenses and standard wide angle/zoom lenses up to 16mm. For super-wide lenses the LucrOit 165mm system should be used.
If you are using the following lenses, it is recommended that you purchase the additional corresponding rotating adaptor ring to ensure there is no vignette. If you are experiencing an issue with a lens not on this list, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting images and details of your lens.
- Canon 17-40 - requires additional rotating adaptor ring
- Canon 17-55 - requires additional rotating adaptor ring
- Tokina 11-16 - requires additional rotating adaptor ring
- Nikon 16-35 f/4 - requires additional rotating adaptor ring
- Tamron 24-70 G2 - some vignette at 24mm, no upgraded ring available
- Nikon 24-270mm VR - some vignette at 24mm, no upgraded ring available
Troubleshooting & Maintenance
Loose Retaining Clip - In some instances the screw holding the retaining clip in place can work loose in transit, either to you from our factory or after frequent or prolonged travelling. This will manifest as a loose fit when the holder is clipped onto the adaptor ring. To resolve this issue, simply use the alen/hex key provided with the kit to re-tighten the screw. This should be tightened enough to allow free movement of the clip, whilst ensuring a secure fit. To test this, fit the adaptor ring in to the holder and push/pull it, when secure the adaptor ring will not move any more than 0.5 - 1mm. Any movement more than that means the screw needs tightening.
These rotating adaptor rings for the Firecrest 100mm Filter Holder Kit have an 82mm front thread for the Ultraslim Firecrest Polariser (Not included) with 72, 77 or 82mm threads on the reverse to fit directly to your lens.
These superslim rotating rings fit directly into the Firecrest 100mm Holder and can be used with or without the Ultraslim Firecrest Polariser.
(These rings are not compatible with the Formatt-Hitech filter holder.)
These step up rings are for use with the Firecrest 100mm Holder system and are available in the following sizes:
- 46 - 82mm
- 52 - 82mm
- 58 - 82mm
- 62 - 82mm
- 72 - 82mm
- 77 - 82mm
Step rings not compatible with Formatt-Hitech or Lucroit 100mm holder systems.
*Holder not included. Image is for illustrative purposes only.